Serving St. Clair County for Over 70 Years
The East Side Fire Department is an all-volunteer fire department which provides emergency and non-emergency fire-suppression, fire prevention, auto-extrication, and technical rescue services for part of Saint Clair County, Illinois. Included in our response area are parts of unincorporated Belleville, Shiloh, Swansea, and Fairview Heights. We also have mutual aid agreements with the fire departments of Belleville, Swansea, Fairview, O'Fallon, Freeburg, Mascoutah, Northwest, Signal Hill, Villa Hills, and Scott Air Force Base
From our two engine houses we operate (2) front-line fire engines, (2) ladder-trucks, (1) reserve engine, (3) brush-trucks/utility vehicles, and (2) chief's vehicles. Our department has approximately thirty active members, and maintains an ISO 4 rating.
Our firefighters are trained and certified to the level of Firefighter II or higher by the State of Illinois. While we do not require or provide advanced medical training, many of our members are also certified Emergency Medical Technicians or Paramedics. The initial training we provide our firefighters is administered through Southwestern Illinois College. This training is at the same level as nearly every fire department, both volunteer and career, in the State of Illinois.
What We'vE Achieved IN 2016
- Responded to over 200 emergency calls, including 7 reported structure fires and over 40 motor vehicle accidents
- Saved over $5 Million dollars in property
- Rescued over 45 human lives from imminent danger
- Educated hundreds of children in fire safety during Natl Fire Prevention Week
- Responded to 16 calls in a 24-hour period after a small tornado cut power to 140,000 St. Clair County residents
- Raised over $1,500 for the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation
- Certified 4 department members as Illinois State Firefighter II's