Engine Houses and Apparatus

The East Side Volunteer Fire Department owns and operates the following facilities and equipment.

 
BSt.jpg

The 'B STREET' ENGINE HOUSE

Located at 3111 East B Street Road, this engine house serves as the focal point for administration and training.  Built in 1989 and coming in at 2,000 sq ft, the B St Engine House features a trustee's office, training classroom, radio room, locker room, and the apparatus shown below:

1235929_689482584414526_1147672492_n.jpg

Engine 2121

Purchased in 2013, this vehicle is the department's newest fire engine. Built by Pierce, the engine seats 6 and features a 1000 gallon water supply, deck gun, bumper-mounted hydraulic cutters and spreaders, and 1/3 of a mile of hoseline - including 1000' (5") supply hose, 3x 200' (1 3/4") crosslays, 1x 200' (2 1/2") preconnect, one bumper-mounted 100' (1 3/4") 'trash line', and a 100' (1") rear-mounted rubber booster line. 

582239_557364624292990_1449197973_n.jpg

TRUCK 2129

Purchased in 2009, this vehicle is the department's newest ladder truck. Built by Pierce, the truck seats 6 and features a pre-piped 105' aerial ladder, 500 gallon water supply, and 1/3 of a mile of hoseline - including 1000' (5") supply hose, 3x 200' (1 3/4") crosslays, 1x 200' (2 1/2") crosslay, and one bumper-mounted 100' (1 3/4") 'trash line'. 

480545_557364617626324_152403237_n.jpg

Engine 2122

Purchased in 1995, this vehicle is the department's oldest fire engine still in service, and now serves as a reserve engine. Built by Towers, the engine seats 5 and features a 1000 gallon water supply, pre-piped fog nozzle deck gun, and 1/3 of a mile of hoseline - including 1000' (5") supply hose, 20' hard suction hose, 3x 200' (1 3/4") crosslays, 1x 200' (2 1/2") preconnect, 400' (2 1/2") hose, and one bumper-mounted 100' (1 3/4") 'trash line'. 

25051_557364657626320_706571702_n.png

UTILITY 2192

Purchased in 2006, this vehicle is the department's primary means of transporting a regional Breathing Air Cascade trailer, which is shared between East Side, Northwest, Fairview, Swansea, and Signal Hill fire departments.  Built by Ford, the truck seats 5 and carries two large fire extinguishers. 

 
Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 10.35.14.png

The 'NORTH BELT' ENGINE HOUSE

Located at 1723 North Belt East, this engine house is the department's oldest station, and closest to the site of the department's original station.  Built in 1970, with an extensive remodeling in 2016, the building comes in at 1,500 sq ft, and features the Chief's office, work area, and the apparatus shown below:

406610_557364554292997_981044118_n.jpg
423263_557364560959663_995292905_n.jpg

Engine 2111

Purchased in 2013 and built by Pierce, this engine seats 5 and features a 1000 gallon water supply, smooth bore deck gun, hydraulic cutters and spreaders, and 1/3 of a mile of hoseline - including 1000' (5") supply hose, 3x 200' (1 3/4") crosslays, 1x 200' (2 1/2") preconnect, and one bumper-mounted 100' (1 3/4") 'trash line'.

25035_557364557626330_67313304_n.jpg

TRUCK 2119

Purchased in 1998, this vehicle is the department's oldest ladder truck. Built by Pierce, the truck seats 5 and features a pre-piped 75' aerial ladder, 500 gallon water supply, and 1/3 of a mile of hoseline - including 1000' (5") supply hose, 3x 200' (1 3/4") crosslays, 1x 200' (2 1/2") preconnect, and one bumper-mounted 100' (1 3/4") 'trash line'.

184541_557364647626321_1054053880_n.png

UTILITY 2191

Purchased in 1998, this vehicle was manufactured by Chevrolet. Previously used as the Chief's vehicle, it is now used in a reserve capacity, as well as to transport up to 5 personnel at a time to emergency scenes and other official department functions.

BRUSH 2118

Purchased in 2001, this vehicle is one of the only dedicated brush trucks in Belleville. Built by E-One, the truck seats 2, carries numerous hand-tools and reservoir packs, and features a 300 gallon water supply, 1x 150' (1 3/4") crosslay, 1x 100' (1") booster reel, and 300' of (1 3/4") additional attack line.

 
IMG_2165.JPG

CHIEF 2100

Purchased in 2016, this truck was manufactured by Chevrolet, and is the department's newest vehicle.

74367_557364650959654_969477272_n.png

ASSISTANT CHIEF 2102

Purchased in 2008, this vehicle was manufactured by Ford.